The Feathered Quill
Behold! The lustrous Feathered Quill,
It quivers and it quakes
With fulsome words that from it spill
And maketh our loins ache!
‒ esteemed poetess Tuesday Thatch
Cover Yourself In Glory!
Do you strive to attain the sort of literary merit that you can casually mention at dinner parties so as to make the other guests feel deeply unworthy to be in your presence? The FFA can permit* this satisfying turn of events.
The FFA’s highly esteemed and venerably lauded Feathered Quill® Award is so coveted by writers from all walks of literary life that blood, tears and glitter have oft been spilled in pursuit of it.
This glorious acknowledgement of sensory talent is awarded but once per year (or at the discretion of Valkyrie Cul-de-Sac), and each winner shall have conferred upon them:
- a trophy hewn from the purest glass, hand-harvested by ancient artisanal glassmakers in the Icelandic mountains**
- the esteemed title of ‘Feathered Quill Winner’
- literary acclaim that would make Shakespeare himself purple with envy!
Details of the Feathered Quill competition will be announced in the news section of our website through social media towards the end of each calendar (note: not financial) year!
**Exact trophy provenance may differ
In The Beginning ...
The 2015 Inaugural Feathered Quill winners were Underbaron Quimley No-Pipes Wheelbarrow III [Adam Hadley] and Thisbe Blaze [Michelle Law].
The vibrant victors were graced with their gloriously glittering trophies in a grandiose imaginary ceremony, riotously resplendent with yachts, ponies, mid-tier champagne, and canapés of questionable origin, all conducted beneath the calming gaze of our hand-glazed, life-sized Barbara Cartland bust (and in the majestic presence of Lars the Mannequin).
Subsequent victors have thrilled to similarly sumptuous illusory scenarios.
A Concupisciously Complete List Of Feathered Quill Winners!
- 2015 Winner: A tie! Thisee Blaze AKA Michelle Law for 'Twilite’ and Underbaron Quimley No-Pipes Wheelbarrow III AKA Adam Hadley for 'Knockdown in Peg Town'.
- 2016 Winner: A tie! Räd Hallø AKA Michelle Dicinoski for 'Danger Zone ... Of Love' and O. Starrey Knight AKA Lorelei Vashti for 'The Little Women'.
- 2017 Winner: A tie! Sylvia Da Silva AKA Pascalle Burton for 'The Carefully Curated Christmas' and J. Eliot Kennedy Kennedy Kennedy AKA Jane Elliott for 'Australian Musk'.
- 2018 Winner: A tie! Christian Mingle AKA Christopher Currie for 'Let The Die Decide' and Amity Silk AKA Becca Hazleden for 'A Man's Gouda Do What A Man's Gouda Do'.